One of the biggest problems that salespeople face is ensuring that they are not wasting their collective effort on the same customers due to duplicate entries. Unfortunately, all legacy systems, and most CRM applications available today do not address this issue at all. Hence it left to the salespeople and the sales manager to sort out the duplicate entries manually. Despite their best efforts, the process is error-prone and time consuming. The problem becomes bigger as a company grows and gets more traffic on its website or more calls to its IVR. Fortunately, Deskera Open Source CRM offers an easy alternative.
With the option to now detect duplicate entries and configure rules to manage them, Deskera Open Source CRM offers:
- Freedom from sorting duplicate entries manually
- Reduce number of false alerts/notifications generated due duplicate entries
- Streamline work allocation without worrying about crossed lists
- Get the right reports by eliminating duplicate entries
The following steps will show how we can manage duplicate entries with Deskera Open Source CRM in less than 5 steps.
- Step 1: Go to Master Configuration
- Step 2: Click on the Configure Record Duplication Policy button:
- Step 3: Select the module where you want to configure:
- Step 4: Select Headers to determine duplicate entries and Save:
Once the above steps are completed, you would see all future duplicate entries for imported leads and web leads filtered on the selection criteria (headers).
Please note that the selection criteria follow “AND” selection policy. So if you had selected “Email”, “Phone Number” and “Last Name” as the criteria, then the lead will be filtered if ALL the values in these headers is identical.
In less than 5 steps, Deskera Open Source CRM helps you manage duplicate entries and allows your salespeople to concentrate on what they do best!
To learn more about us, please visit Deskera Open Source. You may also join our Open Source Community.