You can easily import huge lists of Contacts, Leads, Accounts or Target lists for E-mail Marketing campaigns in Deskera CRM. Unlike most CRMs, there’s no upper limit to the number of entries you import. The Deskera Team has successfully imported more than 15,000 records in one go and is currently working to raise the bar even higher.
With the new Import Wizard, everyone from a beginner to the most advanced users can easily import their information and make sure only what they need is added to the CRM.
Let’s take a Quick Tour
Import XLS file for adding any number of leads to your Leads list.
1. Click on “Import” on the bottom pane in the Leads list. Select the “Import Leads from Google Account” to import from your contacts from Gmail or any email that is hosted by Google. If you have a file that you would like to import, select the option “Import XLS File” for excel spreadsheets or “Import CSV File” for comma separated files (this format is used by Outlook and Gmail).
(Remember; always first import a test file of 5 to 10 leads to make sure the information is being mapped correctly)
2. If you are importing a CSV file, you will need to select the delimiter. Most files use comma as a default delimiter. Click “Choose File” and browse to the document you want to import and click “Open”.
3. Now, you must select an action that should be performed for conflicts in drop – down menus. These arise when you map a drop – down menu with a header in the XLS/CSV file.
For example, in your CRM, you may not have configured “Automobile Manufacturers” in the Industry drop – down menu, but it may be there in the Industries in your file.
4. Select the first option to completely ignore the records that are conflicting. In this case, that means a lead of the industry “Automobile Manufacturers” will be completely ignored.
5. Select the second option to ignore only the entry that is conflicting. In this case, that means a lead of the industry “Automobile Manufacturers” will be added, but the “Industry” will be ignored and left blank. The other fields will be imported.
6. Select the third option to add the conflicting entries to the Master Configuration. In this case, that means “Automobile Manufacturers” will be added to the “Industry” drop – down and will become available as an option. Also, the leads of this industry will be imported and the industry will be set as “Automobile Manufacturers”.
7. Once you’re done, Click “Next” to continue to the next step. You can click “Cancel” at any time to exit the wizard without saving the changes..
The next step is selecting the sheet to import and the starting row. Deskera CRM gives you a preview of the file, so you can see exactly what you need to configure and what effect it has.
The first sheet is selected by default. In case the information you want to import is on some other sheet, select the corresponding sheet and then the starting row.
In this example, the first row of the XLS file is not the one with the headers. Those are in the second row. So, all you have to do is click the second row as the one to start from.
Click “Next” to continue to the next step or “Change Preferences” to go back to the first step.
The third step is “Mapping”. This is where you select the columns in your CRM to the headers in the file. In case your file has more information or headers than the columns in the CRM, you can just click on “Add Custom Column” to add more columns.
On the left side, the headers of your file are listed and on the right side, the columns in your CRM.
You can click “Auto Map Columns” and the system will automatically map columns and headers that have similar names. Like, “Email Address” with “Email”.
Always verify the Auto Mapping. If the columns are mapped wrong, the entries will be incorrect and there is no way to undo the import.
You can also map headers manually if you prefer. Drag and drop the Header to the “Mapped Headers” column and then the corresponding column to the “Mapped Columns” column.
In case you want to make any changes, click on “Previous”. Otherwise, click “Analyze Data” to continue to the next step.
This is the last step of the import wizard. This window displays and conflicts that are unresolved and also any data that will be rejected or ignored.
The first section shows any errors and their location in the file you are uploading. If there are any errors, you can view the status as well as the error and the reason by clicking on the row you want.
The error and the reason for the error is displayed in the section below. It will also display what part of the record will be ignored. In case you need to make any changes, click “Remap Headers” to return to the previous page.
Once you are ready to import the data, click “Import Data” to complete the import process.
Once the import is complete, the “Import Status” window is displayed. This window informs you of the number of leads that were imported. In case you want to view a history of your imports or you want a detailed import report, click “View Import Log”, or else click “Close” to exit the wizard.
The same steps can be followed to import Contacts, Accounts or Products.
Try Deskera CRM Import Wizard, Now!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you require further assistance. We are happy to help!
Have fun with Deskera!